Minimal requirements for clear admission to the MBA program are:
- A minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 with a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- A score of 450 or higher on the GMAT OR 145 verbal, 147 quantitative on the GRE*
- At least a "B-" on each of the following prerequisite courses or equivalents (note: ECO 230 and 321 require at least a "C"):
- ACC 201 and ACC 202 or ACC 820 or ACC Module
- CIS 300 or Spreadsheets Module
- FIN 300 or Finance Module
- MGT 300 or CLEP
- MKT 300 or CLEP
- QMB 200 or Statistics Module
- ECO 230 & ECO 231 or CLEP or ECO Module
For information on how to test out of prerequisites via the CLEP see: http://www.testing.eku.edu/clep.
The prerequisite modules are low-cost, self-directed learning modules that can be completed at your own pace. See Responsive Learning Technologies for details.
Applicants who have complete applications and meet the above GPA and GMAT requirements, but who have not completed the prerequisite courses with the minimum accepted grades, may be admitted as Pre-MBA students. Pre-MBA students can then complete the prerequisite courses their first semester(s) in the program prior to taking MBA core or elective courses.
Students who have an undergraduate degree which is more than seven years old will need to have their transcripts evaluated in order to determine which of the above prerequisite courses have been met.
Applicants are expected to have sufficient background to function effectively in graduate courses that require computer-related knowledge or skills. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and computer applications as well as knowledge of differential calculus is assumed.
For GMAT study guides and test prep click HERE.
*All applicants must meet the minimum entrance test score requirement; no exceptions are given for previous master's degrees, work experience, etc.